Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I hate people!

I would guess I use this phrase at least once a day. Probably more. I really do. I 'm so sick of all these self-important, self-involved people who see others as nothing more than mere obstacles in the way of their life. You know who I mean. People who don't slow down and nearly run you off the road in their vehicles. People who cut in front of you, forcing you to stop short while walking. (Yesterday the same family made us stop TWICE while walking in Mystic. Once when they cut in front of Chris and once when they cut in front of me. They actually had to weave in between a family of 4, pushing a stroller??) These are the people in the grocery store who keep on their course like the North or South Going Zax and make me move out of their way while I'm holding groceries, an 8 month hold and trying to corral my 5 year old. What is it with people? Where did consideration go? Like why when I was pregnant did I have to hold the door open for men in public places? I really did. Enormous baby belly, walking in to work and they let me hold the door for them. I'm serious, it is so frustrating! It really is like these people see other people as nothing more than some "thing" in their way that they need to maneuver around, like a parked car or a cone in the road. I think I'm going to start telling them too. "Oh I'm sorry? Let me get out of your way, I'm sure you're way more important than I am anyway!" Or maybe I'll just start swinging!

No comments: