Tuesday, December 07, 2004

What a day!

I cannot believe the day I am having! Since Joshy was asleep when we went to get Paige I decided to head to the post office and get stamps for the Christmas cards I made yesterday. Now the past 2 times I've gone to the post office I locked the kids in the car and ran in. This is a small neighborhood post office so it's not really a big deal. But Paige said she gets afraid, and she's right it's not a smart thing to do, so I took them in with me today in the pouring, freezing December rain. Thankfully Joshy kept sleeping. And I ran into Jerry the nice man who used to work there and knew everyone's name. So it was lovely. Leaving I had all kinds of stuff in my hands: gloves, receipt, stamps, credit card, baby seat and Paige's hand. It was a lot to carry but I got the kids back in their seats and went headed back to the elementary school since Paige had forgotten her school pictures. While she was in retrieving them I went to look at the pictures on the stamps. You guessed it, no stamps. So now I'm out of the car in the pouring rain like a mad woman, tearing it apart looking for the stamps. Of course we can't find them so we go back and look all around the puddly parking lot-still can't find them and no one has turned them in. Now I'm out $30 and have no stamps and since I'm not working I can't really afford to throw away $30 at Christmastime. GRRRRRR!!!!!

Well when we get home I decide to make a lasagna since Joshy is still alseep and Chris won't be home until 6. He usually cooks but since I have the time, and it's one thing I actually know how to make I decide to help out, otherwise we'll be eating dinner at 7pm. It's going along swimmingly until I go to put the mozzarella on top and discover the package I just opened is moldy! This from the same grocery store where I just got a sour container of 1/2 and 1/2 last week! Of course I had mixed some of this mozzarella in with the ricotta so it's all throughout the lasagna, I can't just pick it off the top. Now my head is about to split open because I am now out more money and I am not going back out in the rain to get more cheese. Thankfully Chris called the store to complain and they're going to give us a fully cooked roasted chicken, mashed potatoes and corn to replace our dinner. But still. It was a really nice lasagna, and I can't believe I had to throw it out! And I got sauce on my shirt. And the Joshy woke up and while eating he pooped through his clothes. I think I'm going to bed when Chris gets home. I can't take anymore!!!!!

5 comments:

thc said...

I don't post comments on other's blogs, but I came across yours and got a big kick out of it. I feel like sending you the 30 bucks! Tomorrow's a new day. I too am a huge Chapin fan--can't believe he's been gone for 24 years.

Suzie said...

Thanks for the comment THC!! You're right, tomorrow is another day. I'll be Scarlet O'Hara for now and think about it tomorrow. Fiddle dee dee. You're my first visitor to my blog that I didn't already know! Cool! Does seem crazy to think Harry has been gone that long. I remember we wore out my father's cassette tape right around the time he died. I'm new to blogging too. Good luck with yours!

thc said...

I'm showing my age, but I'm sure I had "Taxi" and "Varities and Balderdash" on 8-track. I saw Harry a half-dozen times in concert in Kansas City and was just a year out of college when he was killed in July of '81.

Blogging is such an interesting phenom...and it's addictive. Hope you don't mind that I drop by yours and comment from time to time.

Anonymous said...

You leave your kids in the car?

Suzie said...

I don't mind. Come one, come all. It's nice to have visitors!